Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Yellowstone Update -- By Alan's Mom

For those who are interested in Alan's life at Yellowstone, we're hoping that posts will be coming soon. When Alan finally got to the Old Faithful Village, he found that the internet service in the common areas (as advertised in his employment info) was no longer available. Some dorm areas have access available for purchase, while other areas do not. He's trying to find out if his room even has it, and if it does, he will subscribe. His mother hopes that he will be able to get it, mostly because I love the idea of seeing his posts; he also said that he took a picture of a bear on the way to Old Faithful, and I can't wait to see it!

In the meantime, I am grateful for the fact that his cell phone works there, and he calls home every morning. He is currently in a dorm room by himself -- the company has a rule that workers under 21 years old are not placed with those older than 21, and so far there isn't anyone in his age group who needs a room. He works from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. and seems to really like it. I hear a lot of "I really miss you," quickly followed by "But I'm doing okay."

Here's hoping that internet access for my young padowan happens soon!

1 comment:

  1. THANKS for the update!! Like you, I look foward to hearing all about his adventures in an incredible place!!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete