Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trip to Yellowstone: Day 1

May 2nd was the big day and so long Texas! I am ready with my luggage! Mom, Dee Dee, and me loaded up the car and started the trip to Bozeman, MT. From there, I alone will take the bus to Yellowstone National Park to work for 6 months. I’ll miss my Dad, 3 dogs, and my squirrel, but, I’m pretty sure they’ll be there when we get back!


The goal is to get as far up north as possible! Tonight, May 2nd, 2010, we ended up stopping for the night in Hays, Kansas. As we were traveling farther up north, the sky looks a lot less polluted and way more gorgeous in appearance! I got to play with the camera that I got recently, and it is so amazing that I was able to get loads of pictures! Though I tried to pass the time by either watching Blazing Saddles or playing Chrono Trigger on my Nintendo DS, I got bored with the two and starting to take random pictures of myself (and my shoes!).



So, as for the scenery, Oklahoma and Kansas (which is not so desolate) where absolutely beautiful and green!



And there are some cool things to photograph on the road! There are houses and barns, and we even saw a large wind farm!

We have stopped for the night in Hays, Kansas, and it looks like it’s about to rain! I hope tomorrow will be pleasant enough to get 500 more miles! After all, Yellowstone is waiting!

2 comments:

  1. aw! hooray ... so glad your first day was successful. keep the updates and photos coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you're off! congrats! have fun on the rest of the trip there.

    ReplyDelete